Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Characters I make for my Stories




The main character in my stories don't come to me right away. It takes a lot of time to develop them in my head, but one thing I am positive of is that the lucky character is most-likely going to be a girl. 
   But; that doesn't mean the only characters that are swimming around in my head are all girls...
   I enjoy watching, reading and writing romance. So the rest of the characters for a story I am working on are most-likely unisex. Maybe the main character who is always a strong, confident, and sassy woman/girl could have a love interest or a best friend and of-course a family members. 
   When I write I try to aim at the young-adult and adult audience. Like I said before I love romance and romance is very easy for me to write. Sure; my romantic story may have a bit of action in it, some fantasy too.
   It's difficult thinking and writing out what my character's personalities are. From my point-of-view I feel like, allowing your characters to have personas and  even emotions are very important in a story because it allows the reader to understand what the character is about. 
  This tactic seems easier with my girl characters then my boy characters. I always think it's because 'I' myself am a girl and I know all of the perks of being one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment