Monday, May 26, 2014

Excerpt from my Book


 











...The animal behind me growled loudly and started dragging me back. My hands easily slipped off the tree trunk and all I could do was sink my nails into the dirt and grass on the forest ground.
    Hoarse laughter suddenly filled my ears and at first I thought my ears were playing tricks on me but when I looked over my shoulder and saw a familiar face, anger boiled inside of me and I yanked my ankle out of the man's grasp.
   "Ashton what the hell?!" I asked the naked werewolf in front of me. 
   Calming down his laughing to a few giggles, Ashton met my eyes, "I'm sorry, Cathy I over did it." he said, "I didn't think you'd be that scared..." 
   "Well, I was!" I exclaimed, causing him to chuckle.
   "Sorry," Ashton apologized again, as I got up from the floor. He did too and I turned away from his nude body, "How like a human girl to do that," I heard him say. He was talking about me turning away from him.
   "Yeah, well if you werewolves weren't so comfortable with nudity..." I trailed off, not meeting his gaze.
   "What's the shame in that?" Ashton asked, "You were naked when you came out of your mother."
   I glared up at him, keeping my eyes locked to his,"That isn't the same thing!" I shouted "And by the way, I'm not a girl. I'm twenty-five."
   "So am I," Ashton said, bluntly. And yet, he acts like a child. He looked up at the dark sky for a moment and then back down to me, "I need to go, Cathy." 
   "Pack trouble?" I asked. 
   "Not really, but I still need to go," Ashton answered, "So until next time?" he smirked at me and I nodded.
    He ran in a direction, taking himself more into the woods. 
   

                                                                     

    

No comments:

Post a Comment